Designed by James Carpenter Design Associates as a stunning, illuminated visual marker of the Yards Park within The Yards mixed-use development, the 60 foot beacon is placed prominently at the edge of the water on the boardwalk. The light tower is intended to be a central gathering place for visitors to the park and a reference point for the development as seen from the Potomac River.
The Yards Park is a waterfront recreation area, boardwalk, and outdoor performance space at the center of The Yards development.
- Owner: Capitol Riverfront BID
- Client: Forest City Washington
- Location: Washington, DC, USA
- Landscape Architect: M. Paul Friedberg
- Artist: ©James Carpenter Design Associates
- Application:Light tower
- Material Construction: 500 Tri Wire
- Scope: 60 foot, 3-sided vertical light tower, LED illuminated